This is a great opportunity to join a ground-breaking organisation at an exciting point in its development. IMPRESS is the first truly independent press regulator in the UK, giving publishers the freedom to report hard-hitting stories and the responsibility to behave fairly if complaints are made against them.
The Office Administrator will be an important part of the IMPRESS team, providing support to several areas of the organisation and helping to ensure the efficient running of the office. This role is for an all-rounder who is comfortable with tasks ranging from office upkeep and diary management through to the administration of publisher compliance systems. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop new skills in a variety of areas.
The Office Administrator will report to the Business Manager & Company Secretary, but will also provide support to the Policy & Complaints Officer and the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The support will cover the following areas:
- Management of the building facilities
- Office supplies and purchases
- Planning meetings and preparing papers for the Board and committees
- Diary & meeting support
- First point of enquiry for public calls and emails
- Basic monthly bookkeeping
- First level IT support
- Updating the CRM and website, including sending email newsletters
- Opening new publisher files and administering publishers’ progress through our compliance systems
- Ad hoc tasks where support is needed
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be educated to degree level or A-level with at least two years’ work experience
- Enjoy a varied workload, juggling multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Have a professional manner, able to communicate professionally and confidently by email and phone
- Be an experienced user of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have strong attention to detail and excellent written English, able to communicate clearly and coherently
- Be confident with numbers
- Be appreciative of the confidential nature of the work even when outside the workplace including on social media
- Be self-motivated and prepared to provide support as and when needed
- Location: IMPRESS, 16-18 New Bridge Street, EC4V 6AG
- Salary: £22,000
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00–17:30 with 1hr lunch, 37.5hrs per week
- Reporting to: Business Manager & Company Secretary but also supporting the Policy & Complaints Officer and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Contract: Full time, permanent
- Close date: Monday 20 March 10am
- Interviews: Friday 31 March
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Office Administrator".
IMPRESS is committed to the aims of its Equality & Diversity Policy. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010, and encouraging equality and diversity. If you would like to help us with this, please click here to download our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return the completed form along with your application. This form will be separated from the application and kept anonymous. The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. Filling in this form is entirely voluntary and submission or non-submission will be entirely unconnected to the success of your application.