This is a great opportunity to join a ground-breaking organisation at an exciting point in its development. IMPRESS is the first press regulator in the UK to be externally recognised as independent and effective under the Royal Charter for self regulation of the press, giving publishers the freedom to report hard-hitting stories and the responsibility to behave fairly if complaints are made against them.
This is an excellent opportunity for a new graduate wishing to develop skills and experience of working in a media regulation environment. It may also be suitable as a placement opportunity for an undergraduate who is studying for a relevant degree.
Whilst this is largely an administrative role, there will be opportunities to support staff engaged in communications, business development and complaints handling activities. This role is for an all-rounder who is prepared to be flexible and is willing to welcome guests, organise meetings, maintain office supplies, undertake legal and policy research, issue contracts and to support systems for ensuring publisher compliance and complaints handling.
The position is based in IMPRESS’s smart new offices in the heart of London, within a short walk of Blackfriars Underground Station. The post holder will report to the Business Manager & Company Secretary.
- Upkeep of the office including supplies
- Planning meetings and preparing papers
- First point of enquiry for visitors, public calls and emails
- Basic monthly health & safety checks
- Updating the CRM and website, including sending email newsletters
- Guiding prospective publishers through the compliance process and issuing the relevant documentation
- Logging and processing complaints about publisher members of the IMPRESS Regulatory Scheme
- Opening and maintaining case files
- Undertaking legal and policy research
- Assisting with organisation of events
- Ad hoc tasks where support is needed
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be educated to degree level or to be in the process of studying for a relevant degree
- Enjoy a varied workload, juggling multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Have a professional manner, able to communicate professionally and confidently by email and phone
- Be an experienced user of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have strong attention to detail and excellent written English, able to communicate clearly and coherently
- Be confident with numbers
- Be appreciative of the confidential nature of the work even when outside the workplace including on social media
- Be self-motivated and prepared to provide support as and when needed
Location: IMPRESS, 16-18 New Bridge Street, EC4V 6AG
Salary: London living wage £10.20 per hour
Hours: 30hrs per week spread over 4 or 5 days
Reporting to: Business Manager & Company Secretary
Contract: 1-year contract with £1k bonus at end of contract
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for this job to email@example.com with the subject line "Regulatory & Administrative Intern".
IMPRESS is committed to the aims of its Equality & Diversity Policy. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010, and encouraging equality and diversity. If you would like to help us with this, please click here to download our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return the completed form along with your application. This form will be separated from the application and kept anonymous. The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. Filling in this form is entirely voluntary and submission or non-submission will be entirely unconnected to the success of your application.