IMPRESS offers an externally approved scheme of press regulation, specifically designed for digital and print publications. We help publishers to build a brand based on high journalistic standards, accountability and public trust.
Your IMPRESS membership benefits:
1. Protection from legal costs
- Free-to-access arbitration scheme. This protects publishers from excessive legal costs, and empowers them to publish accurate and truthful journalism.
- Low cost insurance scheme. IMPRESS members can benefit from low-cost, flexible and comprehensive professional indemnity insurance cover which is specifically designed for media companies operating within the IMPRESS regulatory scheme. It offers very competitive rates because of the reduced liability to insurers of publishers participating in the IMPRESS regulatory scheme.
2. Higher standards through innovation
- Our progressive Standards Code promotes higher standards of journalism, and aims to assist journalists by promoting and supporting their work. It is a practical tool, accessible to publishers and the public, and responsive to the emerging challenges in the digital era.
- We provide a straightforward complaints-handling to deal with complaints efficently.
3. Standards advice
- Personalised advice and guidance on business practice, ethics and IMPRESS standards.
- Direct access to our trained specialist staff who will be able to answer your enquiries within 48hs.
4. Membership resources
- Exclusive access to social media resources and training, multimedia content, regular media policy updates, briefings, priority access to IMPRESS events, webinar and podcast programmes, and opportunities to meet stakeholders in the independent news sector.
5. A network of thriving publishers across the UK
- Join a group of dynamic, innovative organisations, sharing expertise and learning from each other. Meet our regulated publications here.
6. Affordable fees
Fees to join IMPRESS are 0.1% of annual turnover, starting at £50 a year.
This charging system applies to all fees from 15 May 2019, as a result of the IMPRESS 2019 Fees Consultation,
Questions about the benefits of joining IMPRESS, the requirements or the compliance process? Get in touch with the IMPRESS team at email@example.com or call 020 3325 4288.
What our members say
"We are excited to join IMPRESS and be part of this movement for a more ethical media, alongside other publishers who also want to self-regulate." Vanessa Baird, New Internationalist
“We like the idea offered by IMPRESS of a wider remit beyond regulation where it is offering publishers a forum and networking opportunity and more extensive benefits for its members.” Daniel Ionescu, The Lincolnite
“I would recommend IMPRESS to any news publication – it has given Shropshire Live the validation which we did not have before.” Martin Childs, Shropshire Live